Generally in Texas a Final Decree of Divorce involving children and an Order in Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship can be modified by either party. The Motion to Modify must be brought in the Court that originally entered the order being modified. If there are grounds for transferring the case to another county because the parties moved, that is something your attorney could potentially pursue depending on the facts of your case.

As time passes after entry of a final order regarding children there can be changes in circumstances of the children or the parents that may make the prior order unworkable. It is in these instances that you should contact a Tyler Modification Attorney to determine if your case qualified for requesting a modification. Changes in circumstances can affect possession orders and child support orders. The proper way to address these changes is generally to file a Motion for Modification of the prior Court order.

If you experience a change in circumstances that makes your current Court order unworkable or if you believe there are grounds to increase or decrease child support, contact me so we can discuss the specific facts of your case and determine the best course of action.