Home / FAQs

I was in an accident with someone that did not have insurance, do I still need a lawyer?

It always a good idea to at least speak with a personal injury lawyer regarding your accident as there may be other possible sources of recovery.

Should I give the insurance company a recorded statement?

The short answer is NO. You should never give a recorded statement to the insurance company without consulting with an attorney.

How much is my car accident case worth?

Many factors are taken into consideration when trying to determine the value of your specific case. These factors often include total medical expenses, type of injuries incurred, lost wages, future lost wages.

If I am in a car accident how long do I have to settle my case?

The statute of limitations on an auto accident is two years from the date of the accident. This means that if your case does not settle within two years then you must file a lawsuit or you will be barred from any recovery in the future. Having a qualified injury attorney from the start of your case will ensure that you don’t miss any deadlines for filing.

How soon should I hire a divorce attorney?

If you have been served papers regarding a divorce or if you know that your spouse has already filed, then I would recommend consulting with a qualified family law attorney as soon as possible.

Will my case go to trial?

Most cases end up settling prior to the need for a trial. If your case does not settle you can feel confident that I am prepared to take your case in front of a judge or jury.

Can I ask for drug and alcohol testing?

If you or your spouse have a good reason to believe the other is using drugs or abusing alcohol then the court can require testing. Please keep in mind that when the court orders drug testing they usually always order both parties to be tested.

Do I have to attend court for an uncontested divorce?

It will depend on your specific case. If there are children, then yes at least you or your spouse will be required to go to a final hearing. If you do not have children, then depending on what court your case is in will determine the need for you to attend the final hearing.

Am I entitled to my spouse’s retirement?

Each case is different but generally, you may be entitled to retirement funds earned during the course of the marriage. These funds will be treated as community property.

Can I make my spouse pay for my attorney fees?

I personally can’t make your spouse pay for your legal fees. I can request that the judge order your spouse to pay for attorney fees. The judge will consider serval different factors when deciding whether or not to make your spouse pay for your legal fees.

Call Now Button